And so the "Fall" migration of shorebirds has begun.....SarSent from my
Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: metet...@gmail.com Date: 7/7/19  7:36
PM  (GMT-05:00) To: Cayuga Birds <Cayugabirds-L@cornell.edu> Subject:
[cayugabirds-l] Montezuma shorebirds and babies. Joann and I drove through
Montezuma this afternoon. We knew a few Yellowlegs had dropped in Friday but
surprised to find 32 Lessers and 1 Greater plus 1 Least and 1 Spotted Sandpiper
in the flooded grasses near the channel halfway down the main pool. Then
another 27 Lesser and 3 Greater Yellowlegs at Eaton marsh. Shorebird Flats had
2 Pied-billed Grebe families. One with 2 young, the other with 4. A Common
Gallinule family there had 7 young. Up at the west end of Benning Marsh there
was a Female Gadwall with 8 new babies. At Morgan Road a flock of 18 Sandhill
Cranes were on the back edge of the cornfield on the right just before the
first house. 2 more Cranes( no young)were on Carncross. Also the first time
we’ve heard Cerluean Warbler in the woods just north of Carncross. Mike and
Joann TetlowSent from my iPhone--Cayugabirds-L List
Info:http://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsWELCOMEhttp://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsRULEShttp://www.NortheastBirding.com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htmARCHIVES:1)
 http://www.mail-archive.com/cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu/maillist.html2)
http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds3)
to eBird:http://ebird.org/content/ebird/--