My experience is that niger can get moldy rather quickly in an outdoor feeder
exposed to high humidity, fog, rain or snow. Niger seeds pack very close, so
there’s not much air circulation through the pile, and the voids between
neighboring seeds are tiny, so capillarity is enhanced. I find it best to load
only what will be consumed in one day.

-Geo

Sent from my iPhone