Yesterday, I pulled my dog off a Mourning Dove he was trotting around with.
Since he’s not much of a hunter, I suspect the bird had a close encounter with
a hawk.  The bird had no tail and one wing was badly hurt but otherwise the
bird seemed okay.
   I didn’t want it to get eaten by the local cats so I put it in an open top
box in the pantry and gave it seed and water.
  It seems to be okay this morning having eaten the seed.
Now what do I do with it?  I doubt it will fly again but it is otherwise fairly
active.

I welcome suggestions.

Regi

What good is a house if you don’t have a tolerable planet to put it in?  Henry
David Thoreau