Hi Folks,

As you may already know, tonight there is a lecture by Dr. Drew Lanham on main
campus and tomorrow night we will have Sketching Night at The Museum with our
Bartels Illustrators.

Lecture: Coloring the Conservation Conversation
Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:30pm

J. Drew Lanham, Ph.D., Alumni Distinguished Professor of Wildlife Ecology,
Clemson University and recipient of the Dan W. Lufkin Prize for Environmental
Leadership by the National Audubon Society

Lanham will discuss what it means to embrace the full breadth of his
African-American heritage and his deep kinship to nature and adoration of
birds. The convergence of ornithologist, college professor, poet, author and
conservation activist blend to bring our awareness of the natural world and our
moral responsibility for it forward in new ways. Candid by nature — and because
of it — Lanham will examine how conservation must be a rigorous science and
evocative art, inviting diversity and race to play active roles in celebrating
our natural world.

Alice Statler Auditorium
7 East Ave, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
https://events.cornell.edu/event/lecture_coloring_the_conservation_conversation
[https://images.localist.com/photos/31205067282125/original/075d36ac8231ad78ca676a35db44342182efde6b.jpg]<https://events.cornell.edu/event/lecture_coloring_the_conservation_conversation>
Lecture: Coloring the Conservation Conversation -
Cornell<https://events.cornell.edu/event/lecture_coloring_the_conservation_conversation>
Elizabeth E. Rowley Lecture Coloring the Conservation Conversation -J. Drew
Lanham, Ph.D., Alumni Distinguished Professor of Wildlife Ecology, Clemson
University and recipient of the Dan W. Lufkin Prize for Environmental
Leadership by the National Audubon Society Lanham will discuss what it means to
embrace the full breadth of his African-American heritage and his deep kinship
to nature and ...
events.cornell.edu

Sketching Night at The Museum
by Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates

Thu, December 5, 2019

5:30 PM – 7:30 PM EST

The Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates and Lab of Ornithology are pulling
a diversity of bird, fish, reptile and mammal specimens for an evening of
specimen-inspired sketching.

This event is open to the public and to artists of all skill levels, from
complete beginners to seasoned experts.

Admission is limited to the first 25 people that RSVP, and the suggested
donation is 5$ per person.

You’ll have the opportunity to learn from our Bartels illustrator-in-residence,
Jen Lobo, who will provide a techniques demonstration for those looking to
improve their skills. The lab’s staff biological illustrator, Jillian Ditner,
will also be available to provide tips and answer questions.

We ask that attendees bring their own art supplies (sketchbook or paper,
pencils, colored pencils, watercolors, etc.) and use “tidy” media to minimize
the risk of accidentally painting specimens.

We hope to offer similar events twice a year so, if you can’t make this one, we
hope to see you at others!

here:https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sketching-night-at-the-museum-tickets-81579832475
[https://img.evbuc.com/https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F81616367%2F244948314165%2F1%2Foriginal.20191118-145811?w=1000&auto=compress&rect=0%2C528%2C4032%2C2016&s=d104e5e0d82efbbb607930ba2b0a874d]<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sketching-night-at-the-museum-tickets-81579832475>
Sketching night at the museum Tickets, Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 5:30 PM |
Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sketching-night-at-the-museum-tickets-81579832475>
Eventbrite - Cornell University Museum of Vertebrates presents Sketching night
at the museum - Thursday, December 5, 2019 at Cornell Lab of Ornithology,
Ithaca, NY. Find event and ticket information.
www.eventbrite.com
Thanks,

Sarah