Hi,

It's confusing, but try this:

In ebird.org, go to Explore, then click Species Maps, enter the name of
species, then under Date, alter the search parameter to Current Year, and
specify Dec-Feb, while leaving the Location blank, and you get:

https://ebird.org/map/rewbla?neg=true&env.minX=-92.18373095229242&env.minY=46.82355476736932&env.maxX=-80.96668993666742&env.maxY=51.81625450816151&zh=true&gp=false&ev=Z&mr=12-2&bmo=12&emo=2&yr=cur&byr=2019&eyr=2019

Then, zoom in to upstate NY on the North American map.

Then you see a few fresh hits around upstate New York, for Red-Winged
Blackbird, during the first few days of december: A few around Rochester,
around Ithaca, and so on.

It's fun to play with this toy...

--yrs.
Magnus Fiskesjö, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Cornell University
McGraw Hall, Room 201. Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
E-mail: magnus.fiske...@cornell.edu, or: n...@cornell.edu

Affiliations at Cornell University, WWW:
Anthropology Department, anthropology.cornell.edu/faculty/
Southeast Asia Program (SEAP), seap.einaudi.cornell.edu/faculty_directory
East Asia Program (EAP), eap.einaudi.cornell.edu/faculty_directory
CIAMS (Archaeology), ciams.cornell.edu/people/
Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (CIPA),
cipa.cornell.edu/academics/fieldfaculty.cfm