There's a large mass of ducks on the SW of Cayuga lake.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S62465727

I don't think I have never seen such a massive group, and can't count it. Is it
more than five thousand Redheads?

It's visible by scope and bins, from the "Overlook, Rte. 89 N of Hog Hole"
along house numbers like 830-840.

Number 841 has a big parking lot with good views, but trees always block part
of the MASSIVE flock.

Redheads are 95%+, interspersed with a few other ducks and one lone Cormorant.

Now back to grading exams....

--yrs.
Magnus Fiskesjö, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Cornell University
McGraw Hall, Room 201. Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
E-mail: magnus.fiske...@cornell.edu, or: n...@cornell.edu

Affiliations at Cornell University, WWW:
Anthropology Department, anthropology.cornell.edu/faculty/
Southeast Asia Program (SEAP), seap.einaudi.cornell.edu/faculty_directory
East Asia Program (EAP), eap.einaudi.cornell.edu/faculty_directory
CIAMS (Archaeology), ciams.cornell.edu/people/
Cornell Institute for Public Affairs (CIPA),
cipa.cornell.edu/academics/fieldfaculty.cfm