I had the supreme pleasure of having 100,000+ snow geese to myself tonight! I
found them on Route 31 between the town of Montezuma and where 31 turns north
and joins up with Route 89 towards Savannah. They were on the north side of 31
in the muck flats. If you’re familiar with the area, the best viewing was from
the pull off where the “potato barn” stood until last year. I expect they’ll
bounce between the Knox Marsellus Marsh (East Rd) and this spot at the 31 muck
flats. They won’t stick around more than 10-14 days, so come see them before
they continue on northward.

Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator
Montezuma Audubon Center