I had the great good fortune of seeing a bald eagle swoop in to land on a tree
right by the Dryden Lake trail yesterday evening. It's the closest view I've
ever gotten of this regal-looking bird. He (she? I'm going with "he" as he was
not so very large) remained perched there for a long time-still there when I
passed by again 20 minutes after first seeing him--taking in the evening view
of the lake, where the fish were, in fact, jumping.   And where quite a few
common mergansers were enjoying the evening quiet too (may not have been aware
who was watching them).

Eveline Ferretti
Public Programs and Communication Administrator
Albert R. Mann Library
Cornell University
237 Mann Drive
Ithaca, NY 14853