If you see female Ospreys sitting low on their nests now, they have started
incubating. Ophelia, the Salt Point Natural Area's female in Lansing, laid
her first egg— a lovely chocolate brown, cream, rust, and chestnut color—on
Easter, April 12. (I'm still trying to ascertain the exact time on the
Osprey Cam.) Eggs are usually laid in the morning and I'm guessing
Ophelia's second egg was probably laid this morning. Check out the
Salt Point Osprey Nest Cam for pictures.

Off to Salt Point to download today's footage!
Eyes to the Sky!

Candace

*Watch!*

*Salt Point Osprey Nest Cam