Hi everyone,

I finally saw Purple Martins at Cayuga Bird Club's Purple Martin house at
Stewart Park this morning! I was first alerted by their calls and saw two
pairs landing on the house. One male entered an apartment on the north
side, and later perched in front of the opening for some time. I have
posted a couple of foggy photos of the martins to the Cayuga Bird Club
facebook page.

Tree swallows were also perching on the bar above the house at times, and
unfortunately, a pair of House Sparrows also appear to be using an
apartment on the east side of the complex.  Still - it is great to have
Purple Martins at Stewart Park this year!

It was a great morning at Stewart Park for other migrants too.  I saw my
first-of-year Eastern Kingbird at the swan pen, and Yellow-rumped Warblers,
Warbling Vireo (thanks, Dave!) and Blue-gray Gnatcatchers. In Renwick Woods
Northern Waterthrush, Yellow Warbler, Eastern Towhee and a Wood Thrush were
singing, and a pair of Wood Ducks perched high in a tree.

Good birding!
Diane Morton