Yesterday I was birding for Audubon New York’s fundraising Birdathon, and I had
a fantastic day sighting or hearing 74 species.

Highlights:

Geneva, home- AM: FOY house wren

Seneca Meadows Landfill: blue grosbeak, white-crowned sparrow

Montezuma NWR wildlife drive: American bittern, least sandpiper

Carncross Rd:

Morgan Rd: Swamp sparrow (not sure I have ever seen one before!), horned larks,
Sandhill cranes

Armitage Rd: Prothonotary warbler, B-G gnatcatcher, warbling vireo

Seneca Lake SP: redhead pair, beautiful male common goldeneye

Sampson SP: common loon, red-breasted mergansers

Good day!

Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator
315.365.3588