At 7:30 this evening I saw a big brown bat flying around the spruce tree in front of the house. I probably missed seeing the 2nd one because I was checking on the orange halves that have drawn unwanted ants. I daubed Vaseline on the branch on which the feeder hangs.

This is the 3rd time I've seen the big bats flying in daytime. Insects are truly rare here altho' I did see a large moth & some kind of beetle flew into my hair. Thus far I've had no bug splats on my windshield.

Wishing everyone a safe Memorial weekend.

Fritzie