Are you sure it’s a purple finch?
--Marty
Interlaken, NY

From: bounce-124702194-3494...@list.cornell.edu
<bounce-124702194-3494...@list.cornell.edu> On Behalf Of Rustici, Marc
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 8:00 AM
To: 'k...@empireaccess.net' <k...@empireaccess.net>; lajews...@yahoo.com
Cc: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
Subject: RE: [cayugabirds-l] The Bald Eagle: A Conservation Success Story

Good Morning,

I am hoping someone can tell me or direct me to some information, please.

We have some purple finches nesting on our front porch in a hanging basket.  I
saw they have laid eggs.  My wife wants them gone (I am the softee..) as they
make quite a mess when the young hatch…    It was suggested I move the nest to
an very nearby weeping birch (where they perch).

Is this a viable option?

Marc