As John Gregoire said, Connecticut Warbler is rare in the Cayuga Lake Basin,
and even then just as a migrant. The shore of Lake Ontario in Spring is a
classic “migrant trap” where warblers and other passerines pause to refuel
before crossing the lake fresh on a following night.

I agree with Leona, Northern Waterthrush or Common Yellowthroat sound like good
possibilities.

- - Dave Nutter