Not sure it’s related, but a friend and I had a good long look at a green heron
working the edges of the lagoon in Stewart Park, last Wednesday morning between
9 & 10 AM. As it worked its way around counterclockwise from the east side, it
flew a few feet to perch on a log quite close to where we were sitting, on the
northwestern edge of the lagoon on the shore of that large lawn.  When it
noticed us, it flew up to grasp on one of the strands of the huge willow there,
remarkably camouflaged.  It did not vocalize at all.  Best look I’ve ever had
of a green heron at work.

Nancy

Nancy Gabriel
PO Box 852