Actually I was outside in order to see more of the sky, and it was a bit cold,
but somewhat sheltered, so not nearly as harsh as at Taughannock. On the other
hand, I did not get to see loons on the lake, and I did not have a definite
line past which they could travel to be counted as going south. Some seemed to
be circling for more altitude, and they have a huge turning radius, while a few
seemed to be going back north, but the highest (some not visible naked-eye)
were the most consistently resolutely southbound.

- - Dave Nutter