I haven’t seen them yet today, but for the last 3 days a flock of Pine Siskins
has come to my feeders, where the only fare is black oil sunflower seeds. The
Siskins have only been present for a few minutes at a time, so I have to be
vigilant and lucky.  The maximum has been 26, which is a real strain on my
ability to keep track of them. Only 1 so far has shown prominent yellow on the
wingbar, all the rest having white.

I had been thinking of expanding the bird feeding operation, but this morning I
got a series of reports of bird feeders and beehives  being demolished by a
Bear 1-2 miles away on West Hill, just into the Town of Ithaca, and at
EcoVillage.

- - Dave Nutter