Hello Dave,

I wonder if your flock of robins was the same one as my flock. About
mid-afternoon (maybe) we noticed a few robins flying about the yard.
Then we noticed most of them in a crab apple tree loaded with little
(quarter inch) red-brown fruits.  Not loaded any more.  I was able to
count about 45 birds, which is close to the size of one of your flocks.
Some of them were on the snow under the tree, salvaging the fruit
dropped by other birds. The flock was very active and hard to count.  My
count could easily be off by 10 on the low side to 20 or 30 on the high
side.  We kept watching for waxwings but saw none.

Bill McAneny (same side of lake as Dave Nutter but 7 miles north.)