As of 24 April,  a pr. of buffles was still on Mill pond along Rte. 90
here in Union Springs, NY. Factory St. pond has a pr. of woodies. The
male redhead of the last 3 yrs. that hangs around alone is still here.
MANY cormorants are on Frontenac Island, many are in the water & many
have already started nesting in the trees.

A pr. of white-throated sparrows has been at my feeders for a wk..
Bluebirds & tree swallows are again showing interest in the bird boxes
on my clothesline post/ arm. They were here 3 wks. ago but showed no
serious signs of starting a nest, possibly because the weather wasn't
favorable & not enough insects are around. Skunks are digging lots of
holes to try to find Jap beetle grubs in the soft ground. More power to
them!

I hope the chimney swifts we saw on Fri. are more successful than last
yr. at raising young. One was found dead at the bottom of the fireplace
chimney in the church, a surprise because I know they nest in the tall
chimney at the girl's dorm at the academy. Didn't expect they'd be in
the church chimney, too.

Fritzie