Good afternoon! I am sharing some of our upcoming events this week at the
Montezuma Audubon Center. Any questions, please feel free to ask! And also
visit our website to see a complete listing of our spring programs:
https://ny.audubon.org/montezuma-programs-and-events  Thanks, Alyssa

"Bald Eagles: Back from the Brink"
Wednesday, April 28
1:00 PM

We are happy to participate in this year's  Bird of Prey Week hosted by
Braddock Bay Raptor Research of Rochester, NY. Join Montezuma Audubon
Center<https://ny.audubon.org/montezuma> Environmental Educator, Alyssa
Johnson, for a virtual program detailing the conservation success story of Bald
Eagles in New York State. Learn how the Montezuma Wetlands Complex played an
incredible role in the reintroduction of Bald Eagles in New York, and where you
can enjoy seeing them in the wild today. Register here:
https://www.bbrr.org/events/bald-eagles-back-from-the-brink/

-Registration is required to participate in this event, and will close one day
prior.
-Cost is $5/person.
-This event will be presented via Zoom.  Only those registered will receive the
Zoom information, and a recording of the presentation.
-All proceeds support the programs of Braddock Bay Raptor Research.

Montezuma Bird Watching Tour
Thursday, April 29
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM

Peak songbird migration is almost upon us and this is a great time of year to
experience beautiful birds like the Purple Martins, Baltimore Orioles, and many
more. Come along as we explore some popular birding hot spots and look and
listen for signs of spring. Participants will drive their own vehicle and
receive a conference call phone number to hear the Audubon educator narrate the
tour and ask questions between stops. Register here:
https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-bird-watching-tour-42921

-Fee: $5/child, $10/adult, $30/family.
-Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to use the restroom and get checked in.
-Call 315.365.3588 or email montez...@audubon.org<mailto:montez...@audubon.org>
with questions.

Montezuma Heritage Park Birding Walk
Saturday, May 1
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM

If you are interested in Erie Canal history and the birds that call the
Montezuma Wetlands Complex their home, this is the program for you! Join the
Town of Montezuma historian, Cheryl Longyear, and an Audubon educator for a
leisurely 0.8 mile walk to explore the remains of the Richmond Aqueduct, the
second largest aqueduct on the Enlarged Erie Canal. While walking the original
towpath trail, we will learn the history of the important cultural and economic
impact the canal system had on upstate NY, and we will listen and look for
migratory songbirds. Register here:
https://act.audubon.org/a/montezuma-heritage-park-birding-walk-5121

Please note: This guided walk will depart from the Montezuma Heritage Park at
the Chapman Road parking lot (off High Street) in the Town of Montezuma.  There
is no formal street address, but you can copy/paste these coordinates into your
navigation system: 43°00'41.1"N 76°42'37.2"W.

-Fee: $5/child, $10/adult, $25/family.
-Space is limited and pre-paid reservations are required.

--
Alyssa Johnson
Environmental Educator

Montezuma Audubon Center