Well, all my expected migrants showed up this week.  A hummingbird showed up
this morning.  It was eating from flowers on a weed in my patio.  I’ve often
believed that they will go to a natural food source before the feeder.  I’ve
had my feeders out for a week now and again I saw it on a flower rather than
the feeder.  I bought a lot of flowers yesterday and they are accessible though
protected on the front porch.  I won’t plant for weeks.

Last week the Oriole, Rose Breasted Grosbeak, and Catbird arrived.  The week
before that the Purple Finches arrived.  I still have some White Throated
Sparrows and a few White Crown Sparrows.  I’ve also had a one day stop over of
male and female Towhees.  Last week the House Wren showed up.    He’s singing
daily.  My pair of Tree Swallows is back and nesting.  I had a single Barn
Swallow fly over when I was mowing.  No warblers yet.  I usually have yellow
and Common Yellowthroats out back.  I always get a Warbling Vireo too which I
haven’t heard yet.  Ah spring.

Sent from my iPad