Carol Johnson and I were on the East Trail boardwalk at Sapsucker Woods on
Thursday morning, enjoying the sounds of several Northern Waterthrushes and a
Great Crested Flycatcher, when we both spied a peculiar bird snooping around
the base of a tree in the marsh not far from the boardwalk.  We had only a few
seconds once we each got our binoculars on it before it flew off.  But we were
left with the impression of a male BH Cowbird whose head was about the right
color, but whose body was far too light (about, say, the color of a female BH
Cowbird's breast).  We didn't really see--or "register"--the color of the eyes
and the exact size/shape of the bill in the brief glimpse we had.  That's
unfortunate, because in my later Googling for this color pattern, and for
"leucistic" and "cowbird", I didn't find any images of cowbirds that looked
like "our" bird, but I DID find a photo of a supposedly leucistic Common
Grackle which looks quite a lot like our bird:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/birdoheadtanager55/5343946235/

But whether we were looking at an anomalously pigmented cowbird or grackle
(bummer that we didn't get the eyes and bill!)...or even something else, I
can't be sure.

Has anyone seen such a bird at Sapsucker Woods, or have any insights into
pigment issues in those or similar species?  If so, TIA!

Rick