I was just wondering about the BB Cuckoos this morning. On Thursday I heard
one, possibly two, at the Blueberry Patch Campground in the Finger Lakes
NF. Friday, a good look at one in a tree at Lindsay-Parsons, and this
morning heard one briefly on Waterburg Rd south of Trumansburg where I live.
In other news, the two Merlins are still in evidence around the upper
village, but I have not yet found their nesting location, if there is one.
I was just giving up on the Red-headed WP which has bred successfully close
to my house for two years running, but Mark Devokaitis kindly informed me
that he had one not far away in the vicinity of Congress and Seneca Sts a
couple of evenings ago. Gotta find it (or better, them).
Cheers, Jared Dawson
Trumansburg