Join us this week for one of our several exciting programs!

[cid:image003.jpg@01D756F2.1C9721E0]
NYS Breeding Bird Atlas 101, led by Regional Coordinator, Andrea Patterson
Saturday, June 5
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM

In 2020, New York launched a 5-year project to document breeding birds all
across the state.  This "Breeding Bird Atlas" can be used to assess the status
of breeding birds and compare trends over time.  One of the best parts of the
Atlas, is that anyone can participate! Whether you are interested in slogging
through a bog to find an elusive wren, or whether you want to document the
nesting robins in your own back yard, the Atlas wants your observations.  Join
us for a fun and interactive workshop on how you can contribute to the NYS
Breeding Bird Atlas.  We'll start with a quick classroom introduction, then
we'll move outdoors so you can actually practice locating, identifying, and
recording breeding birds.

-Fee: $10/person
-Space is limited and pre-paid reservations are required.
-Call 315.365.3588 or email montez...@audubon.org<mailto:montez...@audubon.org>
with questions.

To register: https://act.audubon.org/a/nys-breeding-bird-atlas-101-6521

[cid:image005.png@01D756F2.1C9721E0]Audubon for All Guided Birding Hikes

Join us for fun and inclusive birding walks with a Montezuma Audubon Center
environmental educator during this month's celebration of the LGBTQIA+
community. These will be leisurely 1-mile walks around our center's natural
habitats and an introduction to the many birds that live here. These outings
are for anyone who appreciates community and adventure, and wants to get
outdoors to explore. We welcome those who identify as LGBTQIA+, allies,
families, and anyone looking for a fun, educational, and inclusive outdoor
experience.

Click on the dates below for more information and to register.
*        Saturday, June 5 from 1 - 3 p.m. at Montezuma Audubon
Center<https://act.audubon.org/a/audubon-all-guided-birding-hike-montezuma-audubon-center-6521>
*        Saturday, June 12 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at Esker Brook
Trail<https://act.audubon.org/a/audubon-all-guided-birding-hike-esker-brook-trail-61221>
*        Saturday, June 19 from 2 - 4 p.m. at Colvin
Marsh<https://act.audubon.org/a/audubon-all-guided-birding-hike-colvin-marsh-61921>
*        Saturday, June 26 from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. at NYSDEC Northern Montezuma
Wildlife Management
Area<https://act.audubon.org/a/audubon-all-guided-birding-hike-nysdec-northern-montezuma-wildlife-management-area-62621>

--
Alyssa Johnson