Orioles back at jelly feeders more now, & a few are fighting over my 2 separate
dishes, even tho there is enough room for two at each hanging dish! :-)

Meanwhile, fledged Oriole babies seen, including one in road in 600 block. I
picked it up & put it in a clear area well off road, back of tall weeds.
Parents were calling above me , so I hope they can feed it till it can fly.
Baby was feisty & calling squeakily, too!

They often build nests on branches hanging over roads! Surprised I don’t see
more fledges in road.

Sarah B showed me a fledged, flying baby Oriole in her yard. Nest is right out
from Sarah’s 2nd story back deck.
Both these babies had yet to grow long tail feathers.

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone