This evening a friend and I watched from my porch a YBS going back and forth
between the peanut and suet feeders.   When I first saw it, I went on All About
Birds and also brought out the Crossley Guide for us to more clearly see the
striking difference between this bird and a Downy or Hairy.  I saw a YBS here
last summer, but it did not stay around long.  The bird this evening liked the
"upside down suet feeder."

I have been away for over a week, and am sure my return disappointed the
EASTERN PHOEBE already sitting eggs in her porch light nest (side porch).  I
will figure out a different route to the clothesline.

Jill Vaughan in Lansing