Hi Josh,
I had no idea there was a BBS route through downtown Ithaca!  That is
fascinating.
You may not be able to tell apart immature and adult Chimney Swifts right
now, but in another month or so, the adults will be going through active
molt of their flight feathers.  Any bird at that time with a gap in their
flight feathers will almost certainly be an adult bird.  The flight
feathers of birds hatched this summer will stay with them until they molt
them late next summer.

Thanks for sharing.

Jody
Jody W. Enck, PhD