The Wood Stork at East Rd/knox-Marcellus Marsh showed itself to many birders
today, along with 2 Sandhill Cranes. Some of us also saw an Indigo Bunting &
some Wood Ducks, Pied billed Grebes, a mature Bald Eagle & the usual Great Blue
herons , Great egrets & Mallards.

Later at Guy Baldasarre Marsh (NYS DEC- Van Dyne Spoor Rd) I saw over 50 Common
Gallinule, 2 Trumpeter Swans, Barn Swallows & lots of Red-winged Blackbirds,
Crows & Starlings. A few Common Yellowthroats hid in the bushes.
This is a nice walk on rough-cut grass around a neat marsh. Has a new wooden
multi-level observation deck part-way round.

Now at the dirt part of Van Dyne Spoor Rd I am seeing over 100 Bank Swallows
with a few Trees & N. Rough-winged sitting on wires with the Banks!
Then I spotted a Spotted Sandpiper working the rain puddles in the road.

A mature Bald Eagle is perched in a dead tree on Howland’s Island & there is an
immature B Eagle perched in another dead tree a few hundred feet away.

It has been a beautiful birdy day!

Donna Scott
Lansing
Sent from my iPhone