Hello Cayuga Birders,

Most of you know about our habitat improvement projects in Renwick Woods
(adjacent to Stewart Park) and in Lighthouse Point Woods (adjacent to the
Newman Golf Course) in Ithaca.  Here is a chance for you to come out and
see the work first-hand.

On Monday September 13th from about 1:30 to 3:30pm, we will be joined by a
class of conservation biology students from Ithaca College at our project
site in Renwick Woods.  We will have lots of labor that day, but need lots
more help from folks who can help make maps, take notes, take photos,
identify plants, and make connections with others.  We'll be finishing up
clearing and fencing plots in which we will later plant native shrubs and
trees.

On Monday October 11th, we'll be working with the same class over in
Lighthouse Point Woods monitoring and recording levels of success with our
previous plantings.  We'll need help that day, too.

If you can come out and pitch in either day, please let me know.

Also, I am looking for a couple of metal fence post pounders to use those
days.

Thanks
Jody Enck
Jody W. Enck, PhD