Beginner bird walk at sapsucker woods this morning saw three loons flying over
quite low over the parking lot, about three dozen rusty blackbirds moving
across the road in waves, stopping atop some trees only long enough to
frustrate my scoping attempts, a pine warbler in the woods pointed out to us by
a couple of other birders who also alerted us to a palm warbler by the feeder
blind, which perched wagging its tail briefly looking quite yellow before
moving on. Three sapsuckers, two males and one female, danced around a tree
right in front of us, while many many ruby-crowned kinglets we're singing and
flitting about giving great eye level looks quite close.

Fun morning birding in the rain with two local guests.

Suan