Help me understand what I saw? Freeville, small, (cigar shaped?), wing
fluorescent green (a hair down from that towards chartreuse on the spectrum)
black body. Flew fast across a yard into riparian woods. I thought it was some
warbler, hummingbird I never learned, but I see nothing in the guides. Is there
a large butterfly or moth that could have thrown me? I’m really confused.
Thanks.

Anne Marie Sheridan ’98

Assistant to Senior Associate Dean Beth Ahner

Cornell University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences

269 Roberts Hall

Ithaca, NY 14853

phone: 607 255 4677<tel:607%20255%204677>

fax: 607 254 4690<tel:607%20254%204690>

am...@cornell.edu<mailto:am...@cornell.edu>