Merlin help, please. I can't compete with Worm-eating Warbler or Curlew
Sandpiper, but,

In past years the census of Merlin nesting pairs in ToCobenefited immensely by
the work of grad. students studying crows. Thesestudents have finished their
field work. It is impossible for me to do asthorough job working alone, and I
think this will be the last year to attemptthis. I am going out 4-5 times a
week, but can’t match the previous effort. Thisyear, thanks to reports of many,
I have found nesting pairs in T’burg, South Hillnear Oak Hill Manner, near
Forest Home Drive bridge, the Marina, and west ofWarren Rd: a sum of 5 nesting
pairs compared to 11 the last two years.

Most pairs started incubating last week after which they gosilent until feeding
older nestlings. Any help surveying the muted population of ToCoMerlin would be
appreciated.

confergoldw...@aol.com