Hey everyone,

I received this notice today about a workshop on how to use i-naturalist.
The workshop is tomorrow -- Saturday the 17th.  Info below.

Jody Enck

I-Natrualist Workship

*WHEN: Saturday, September 17, 9:00amWHERE: Meet at the Cascadilla
Boathouse*

Friends of Stewart Park invites you to join Rick Manning and Frank Muller
for an introduction to the "iNaturalist" flora and fauna identification App
and website, Saturday September 17 at 9:00. iNaturalist is a crowdsourced
species identification system and an organism occurrence recording tool
that you can use to record your own observations, get help with
identifications, collaborate with others to collect information for a
common purpose, or access the observational data collected by other
iNaturalist users. The iNaturalist mission is to build a global community
of 100 million naturalists by 2030 in order to connect people to nature and
advance biodiversity science and conservation.

Frank Muller is a local photographer, gardener, amateur naturalist, nature
lover and FSP's park and trail landscape gardener.  You've likely seen him
taking care of our trailheads, overlooks and other special gardens early on
many weekday mornings throughout the spring and summer.  Frank is a big fan
and user of the iNaturalist app and he's always finding new and interesting
native plants, bugs and birds along the waterfront.  We thought it would
fun to have Frank share this user-friendly tool with the Stewart Park and
Waterfront Trail community.

It's recommended that you install the free iNaturalist App from your
phone's App Store before arriving. You might also poke around on the
website at: https://www.inaturalist.org
<https://friendsofstewartpark.us4.list-manage.com/track/click?u=eac4e17e0cd7cfbb051c7778a&id=c14e150d65&e=4b1e778c83>
 to get more of an idea of what it's all about.
Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and
Founder of the Sister Bird Club Network
607-379-5940