Hi folks.
The Canal Corporation and the NY State Power Authority are offering free
hikes this January and February along the Seneca River in Waterloo, NY.
Hosted by Canalside, the title of the walk is "More Than Just A "Canal" -
Hiking The Seneca River To Explore Its Natural And Human History"
Among other things we will be exploring both the Natural and human history
associated with the river (part of the Erie Canal system). Topics addressed
will include the astronomical reason for the winter season, examinig the
signs of the life (animal, bird, plant, insect) encountered along the way,
the strategies employed by that life to  cope with the diminished solar
energy, early signs of Spring, the river as part of a larger watershed, the
river's history as an economic force and the people (past and present) who
have lived along its banks.
Walks are lead by yours truly and Lisa DeFrancesco. They are free but space
is limited and tends to fill up quickly. Registration will be posted on the
Event Brite website (eventbrite.com) on 12/14/22.
Hope to see you there as we explore some of the facinating stories this
beautiful river has to tell.
Pete Saracino