I was just at Aurora where I could barely make out a "small" (~1-2k?) island of
snow geese in the distance, slightly south of due west. I suspect this is one
of the islands Geo saw from the other side, and I believe it is located in the
middle of the lake at the widest point of the lake, pretty much as far away
from shore than they can get. This has been a popular spot to raft in past
years, distantly visible from Dean's Cove against the backdrop of Aurora's
pretty buildings, where they look to be closer to the east shore when in fact
they probably aren't.

Did not encounter any bigger flocks, just a few small high flyover groups.
Visitor Center pool was thinly frozen over and hosting Canada geese, pintails,
and green-winged teals, with three Sandhill Cranes joined by three others for a
bit before three departed. It was fun watching them all negotiate the ice, with
some nice long slidey landings by pintails. We'll see if any of my videos turn
out watchable.

Suan