Hi everyone,

 I was at Jennings Pond as usual this morning and heard a brief
'whoit-whoit-whoit' call (no recordings alas), sung slowly and deliberately,
not as a whinny that reminded me of a snipe. Ebird is saying this would be rare
now (last eBird report for the county on May 11). I'm reluctant to trip off a
rare bird alert for one five to six second string of notes emanating from
hundreds of feet away. Anyone have any thoughts on the likelihood (or not) of
snipe coming from cattails/alder/wet pond edge at this date? The rest of the
eBird report is

https://ebird.org/checklist/S138615420

Kevin