There appears to be a resident Orchard Oriole along Lower Creek Road in the
Town of Dryden, west of the Hamlet of Etna.

While biking to work on May 26 (Friday), I first heard an Orchard Oriole
singing in a treetop over Fall Creek, on the south side of Lower Creek Road, at
the first rise in the road as you head west toward Route 13 from the
intersection with Pinckney Road. Simultaneously, a single Yellow-billed Cuckoo
called on this day. Here is an eBird checklist I submitted for my entire trek
into work by bike, with audio recording of the Orchard Oriole (and
Yellow-billed Cuckoo in the background): https://ebird.org/checklist/S139288956

The Orchard Oriole was still present this morning, May 30, on our bike ride to
work. I didn’t make a recording but Diane and I both heard it singing from the
same location as described above. Here is today’s eBird checklist for my entire
trek into work: https://ebird.org/checklist/S139871629

It is also likely that a Yellow-billed Cuckoo is resident at the above location
as well. It was first detected on May 22, calling from the same area where the
Orchard Oriole has been heard. The cuckoo was heard again on May 24 and May 26,
all while biking past during my/our morning trek to work. Here are my
YBCU-related checklists: https://ebird.org/checklist/S138825120,
https://ebird.org/checklist/S139068877, and
https://ebird.org/checklist/S139288956 (same as the checklist with the Orchard
Oriole noted in the first paragraph above). Heard entirely from the immediate
creekside trees (both sides).

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--
Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes — Field Applications Engineer
K. Lisa Yang Center for Conservation Bioacoustics, Cornell Lab of Ornithology