Hi All,

Want to have fun learning about plants and birds? Please consider joining
the Cayuga Bird Club conservation action committee next Sunday at 1pm in
Lighthouse Point Woods (also known as Jetty Woods), just north of the
Newman golf course.  Park at the end of Willow Avenue at the golf course
club house, and walk back the dirt access road to the woods.

Members of the conservation action committee will be back the trail in the
woods getting ready for our field trips that we will be leading as part of
the NYS Environmental Conference (on September 21 and 22).

We will be having fun doing these various things:
identifying plants, weeding privet and other non-native plants, collecting
data on what we removed, making maps, taking notes repairing fences, and
looking for birds.

By the way, August and September are great months to look for birds down
there because lots of things are on the move.  This past week, I found a
Hooded Warbler there (they do not breed at that location), so you never
know what you'll find.

Please feel free to just come and ask questions, or bring your work gloves
and lend a hand.  (Long sleeves and bug repellent are highly recommended).
Also, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Jody Enck

Jody W. Enck, PhD
Conservation Social Scientist, and