Laura, I no longer have access to good research papers but recollect a
study promoted by CLO that spoke to avian nutrition and honeysuckle.The
bottom line was that birds derived nothing of nutritional value.

I found that in direct conflict with the birds' denuding every honeysuckle
in sight when the berries became ripe. Gray-stemmed dogwood is another
example of knowledgeable research claims that were in conflict with
observed bird feeding preferences.

The upshot is better safe than story as we will never observe the health
results of feeding either wild food, seed or jelly. I think we all know
that the varieties of suet cake are no more than dales pitches
targeting human desires/preferences. We ran a study with a then local suet
cake manufacturer and found that a simple suet cake with no additives was
preferred by all.

Thanks for pursuing this

John