On Sun, Jun 20, 2010 at 7:07 PM, Ramiro Polla <ramiro.po...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Now that 3.0 has been released, do you intend to keep a branch of
> backports only (for 3.0.1 or something) or can we start working on the
> bigger changes required for win32 support?

I will use the branch "maint" for changes that will end up in the next
bugfix release (now 3.0.1) and "master" for changes that will end up in
the next feature release (now 3.1). If needed, I also plan to publish
feature branches called "dev/X" (where X is a feature name) for larger
features that may be unstable, experimental or whose target release
hasn't been decided yet.

> I've set up a fork on github at http://github.com/ramiropolla/ccache

Excellent! Thanks.

General: Please don't put a period in the commit summary (i.e., first
line of the commit message).

> There are some uncontroversial patches that I think could get
> reviewed/applied right away
> http://github.com/ramiropolla/ccache/commit/60446f19421f4882e155e6533586935f131ed29a
> almost cosmetics with the current code...

Applied.

> http://github.com/ramiropolla/ccache/commit/6bafa334a18c4bf13285bde717fe05383cdd0189
> there already is some code using O_BINARY

Applied.

> http://github.com/ramiropolla/ccache/commit/159ac29abcb771a9a77e8d81753c67b4d6b47adc
> this is already checked in configure

Applied.

> http://github.com/ramiropolla/ccache/commit/fe62388c8e22a72de293ac0dbd28107b2e40421f
> this seems very weird since it links fine on Linux both with and
> without that file being compiled, but on mingw32 it's already provided
> by libmingwex.a and therefore doesn't link.

Applied with a minor tweak.

I also applied "Split find_executable_in_path() out of
find_executable()". I haven't looked at the others in detail yet. I'll
get back to you when I have more time.

-- Joel