Hi,

When will this patch be included in a released version of ccache?

fwiw I've done some timings with building firefox with ccache 3.1.7
with and without this patch.

without:
real    59m48.040s
user    150m38.626s
sys     24m12.441s
cache directory                     /builds/ccache
cache hit (direct)                   879
cache hit (preprocessed)              16
cache miss                            16
called for link                      128
preprocessor error                     1
unsupported source language            6
autoconf compile/link                 11
unsupported compiler option         6948
no input file                          4

with patch
real    35m12.100s
user    77m37.852s
sys     18m11.073s
cache directory                     /builds/ccache
cache hit (direct)                  2032
cache hit (preprocessed)            2638
cache miss                          3107
called for link                      208
preprocessor error                     1
unsupported source language            8
autoconf compile/link                 11
no input file                          4