On 28 May 2012 14:03, Wilson Snyder <wsny...@wsnyder.org> wrote:
> Allowing multiple versions to co-reside and not trash each
> other's result would be useful.  Presently I need redefine
> CCACHE_DIR for each version to avoid overlap, which is
> annoying. [...]

>From the top of my head, the issues I'm aware of regarding different
ccache versions accessing the same cache directory are:

* <3.1 throws away statistics counters from future ccache versions,
which is annoying but shouldn't be critical.
* <3.1 and >=3.1 have different methods of locking and updating the
stats files. If you're unlucky, the stats files (including the cache
size limits) could be garbled.

Do you know of more issues than the above?

-- Joel