Oof, yeah you're right. It seems that args_init_from_string needs to be
significantly beefed-up. I don't suppose you know of some library code
somewhere that does this? I should dig into the bash sources, IIRC it's the
shell that turns the string into argv array...

> It would be nice if this code could be extracted to a new
> args_insert(struct args *args, struct args *to_insert, int pos)
> function or so. (There's a test suite for args_* in test/test_args.c.)

Done. I'll add a test case as well.

-Andrew