Stéphane Charette wrote:

>> I created a new web page with some example graphs from the ccache plugins
>> in case anyone wants to see what it looks like:
>> https://www.ccoderun.ca/ccache-munin/
>
> ...and I should have mentioned, if anyone has more ideas on additional
> graphs I can extract from ccache information, let me know and I'll create
> the necessary plugins.

We are keeping the following counters:

ccache_files
ccache_size
ccache_hit_dir
ccache_hit_cpp
ccache_miss
ccache_link
ccache_total

Basically "link" is a user error, as ccache shouldn't be used for
linking. We keep it just so that it *doesn't* happen, and also:

ccache_preprocessing
ccache_unsupported
ccache_internal

These have been useful to catch for instance --coverage before
and to catch certain, ehrm, early implementation quirks. :-)

The rest of the errors are logged, but are not being counted.

And also these non-counters (constants/strings), for info:

ccache_directory
ccache_maxfiles
ccache_maxsize

What *would* be useful is a future feature to get stats for
each build, instead of only having statistics per cache ?

The workaround is to grep them out from the debugging log,
but that's a bit expensive to have enabled by default...

So adding a feature to only keep the "Result:" part of it.
(probably already counted for you, saves | sort | uniq -c)

Another coming feature is to keep *only* the stderr output.
(so that you can get the warnings and errors without grep)

/Anders