Från: ccache <> för Anders Björklund
Skickat: den 17 oktober 2016 21:02:16
Ämne: Re: [ccache] NFS cache

Mats Nilsson wrote:
> I'm experimenting with having a common NFS-disk as cacche for all build
> agents in TeamCity.

It works, but is kinda slow and full of issues (like cleaning, for
instance). Using NFS only as secondary cache works (somewhat) better.

I wanted to focus on memcached, but people keep beating that poor old
dead horse. So maybe the "external" cache should be brought back... ?

It was also requested in:

Old code was at:

> Should there be any form of semaphore/lock to support simultaneous access of
> the cache?

There is a lockfile. That's the only way on NFS, since all forms of
flock/fcntl are broken (unfortunately). See lockfile.c for the code.

You will also want avoid the cache ever getting full, since that will
trigger a delete storm from all clients (at once). Including stat's.

Some more discussion in:

Not sure about all this NFS love. Better the devil you know, perhaps ?