OK,

I have labbed this up pretty extensively tonight , and looked at a lot of
packet capture and I think I have my answer.

So to give a little background, I was monitoring NHRP traffic indication
packets (redirects, specifically nhrp.hdr.op.type == 8 in wireshark) being
sent and received by the west hub.

With all NHRP mappings cleared out, I would ping a loopback on spoke 2 over
in the east region from spoke 1, sourced from a loopback on spoke 1.  As
soon as the West hub receives the packet on the tunnel facing the local
region then turns around and routes it up to the central hub out a second
tunnel interface with the same NHRP ID, the western hub immediately sends
back the NHRP redirect to spoke 1.  Meanwhile, it has forwarded the packet
up to the central hub.  Now, the central hub routes the packet out the same
tunnel interface it came in on down to the East hub.   As soon as THIS
happens, the central hub sends back pretty much the same exact NHRP
redirect message to the West hub.  It appears to just be redundant.  I
believe the West hub just drops the extra NHRP redirect coming from the
hub, because that packet is never relayed back down to spoke 1. That makes
sense because it would be sending a duplicate copy of the redirect.

So in summary, it seems that both the local hub and the central hub will
initially end up sending back NHRP redirects.  Since the local hub sends
back the NHRP redirect a split second before it receives the redirect from
the central hub, I believe the one sent from the local hub is all that
matters, and the redirect received b the local hub milliseconds later from
the central hub is simply dropped.