Use snapshots.

What the snapshot does is essentially mark where your server is currently,
even capturing the memory at that moment. So after a snapshot is made,
changes to the server are all logged. So what i typically do is install
CUCM, snapshot after i verified the install and made sure it was working.
Then, I will in the future as I lab off workbook one, snapshot after each
lab session.

So for instance, my snapshots would look like,

Initial Install --> Lab1A --> Lab1B --> etc, etc

So, if say you screw up during a lab or for whatever reason you want to
revert back to before you started, you restore the snapshot, and continue on
from the *exact* place you took it [the snapshot].