NO, use the phone quanties they have otherwise you would be missing things and 
would make it tougher to test 2 calls between HQ and BR2 for example for AAR, 
RSVP, etc.

I think you might want to put a switch close to your workstation.  I was 
thinking about this a little bit when you first asked and didn't work out all 
the details to add a reply.

You might be able to put a switch at your workstation.
Port 1 trunks back to HQ 3750.
Ports 2-6 are for phones.

Port 7 is a trunk to the BR1 ESW
Port 8-12 are for phones at your workstation

etc for Br2

You will have to restrict vlans to create three separate "virtual switches" in 
the switch.  Just made that term up.  So your port 1 will have sw trunk 
allowed-vlans 2-6 (Vlan 2 is data, lets say, vlan 3 is voice, etc whatever else 
you need.)

Your port 7 trunk connection will only allow vlans 7-12 on them.  Vlan 7 is 
Br1Data, VLan8 is Br1 Voice, etc.

Now we have to deal with spannig tree.  But PVST might work out if you get the 
vlan restrictions proper and none of the other trunk ports will go into 
blocking.

Then we have QoS. I would just set all ports for trust on your workstaion 
switch and configure QoS on the data center equipment as the questions permit 
you to.  So the workstation switch is just acting as a pass-through.

The above might work for you.  Might be some more details to work out.  MIght 
have to put up with the noice in the data center for QoS topics.  Not sure.

Or an IPexpert like design might work for you.

Dumb question.  You can't run more cat 5 cables?

________________________________
From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jeff Garvas 
[[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:02 AM
To: Michael Ciarfello
Cc: Andrew; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Home lab - How to load initial server configs ?

Michael,

I'm in a similar situation as if using their rack remotely..  We put our labs 
out in our data center for various reasons and I only have 4-5 cat5 runs to the 
cabinet, so I'm trying to come up with an easy solution by mirroring their 
design as if my rack was remote like theirs.

You're saying just use four phones?  two off BR2, one of BR1, one off HQ ?    i 
guess that's such a simple solution I didn't even consider it until just now.

-jeff


On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM, Michael Ciarfello 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
The hardware shouldn't matter so much as long as it has the correct 
capabilities.  I would move the cards around every once in an while, use 
different IP address scheme and dial-plan scheme.

HWIC will work fine.  Phones will need power bricks as you say.

The internet cloud is for Ipexpert.  Their equipment is at a data center with a 
couple phones on auto answer. The phones in the cloud are the phones you can 
touch.  If you have all home lab gear, ignore the internet phones and cloud.



________________________________
From: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]> 
[[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>] On Behalf Of Jeff Garvas 
[[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 12:25 AM
To: Michael Ciarfello
Cc: Andrew; 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Home lab - How to load initial server configs ?

Michael,

Great points. I'm expecting to need to define my card types since some of them 
are E1/T1 capable.  I'm specifically re-configuring my hardware this weekend to 
match the IPX hardware as much as possible, specifically with the controller 
card slot assignments.   Maybe Vik or Mark (or anyone else here) could provide 
some input for me here.

I bought a 3825 for BR2 but it seems IPX is using straight 2811's.  Any reason 
not to stick with my 3825?
I found an HWIC-4ESW today but its not POE.  Can I just put this in BR2 and use 
external power bricks for those two BR2 phones?

For those of us labbing up at home/work how should we physically connect the 
phones that are depicted in the drawing off the internet cloud?

-Jeff


On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Michael Ciarfello 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
I'm not.  But to do so I would guess just substitute your interfaces in place 
of their interfaces.
There are probably a bunch of other commands that need replacing.  Then paste 
it into your router.

I have my own dial-plan, IP addresses and directory numbers.  It's a little 
confusing when working through the workbooks, but a diagram seems to help.

Looking through the HQ RTR for lab 5b initial
You have to change at least the following commands:

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

controller T1 0/0/0 (and other controllers depending on your config)

interface Serial0/0/0:23 (which comes from the controller)

interface Serial0/0/1:0 for the data.  Sub-interfaces need to change also.



all dial-peers that point to a physical inteface need to change (911, 91212, 7, 
11)



Think that's it.  Wasn't as bad as I thought.  You might have to do some 
troubleshooting to see why something isn't working, but should not be too much 
a problem.



________________________________
From: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
 
[[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
 On Behalf Of Andrew [[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
Sent: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 8:04 PM
To: [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Home lab - How to load initial server configs ?

Hi

For a home lab set up, how are you guys installing the initial configs?
For the routers / switch it is straight forward (copy / paste), but what about 
the servers?

Andy

_______________________________________________
For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please visit 
www.ipexpert.com<http://www.ipexpert.com>



_______________________________________________
For more information regarding industry leading CCIE Lab training, please visit 
www.ipexpert.com

Reply via email to