From: vma...@ipexpert.com
To: mgaz...@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Options to access the voice racks
Date: Sat, 8 May 2010 12:31:41 -0700
CC: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com

The best option is to use 7965 phones since this is what is used in the lab.
This wlll require you to use a lower end cisco router for hw vpn and local
phones. If you can't afford 7965 phones then 7962 phones are your next best
thing. If you can't afford 7962 then use 7961 phones are ok although they do
not support iLBC.

If you want to use softphones then you can use ip blue and set the device type
to 7965/2 and obviously CUPC. The only limitation is checking the directory
when searching for a number in the missed/received calls directory. This is
easily overcome by looking at the CDR.

Vik Malhi - CCIE#13890
Senior Technical Instructor - IPexpert Inc

Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Fax: +1.810.454.0130
Mailto: vma...@ipexpert.com

Join IPexpert's Free CCIE Peer Groups & Study Communities at
www.IPexpert.com/communities