I'm attempting to police VoIP signaling on Fast1/0/1 of a 3750 switch that is
configured as a trunk port connecting to the HQ router.  I can't apply the
service-policy in the output direction.  Am I thinking about this the wrong way
because I can apply it in the inbound direction.

# show run

interface FastEthernet1/0/1
 description ** To R1-HQ Gigabit Ethernet 0/0 **
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk

HQ-3750(config-if)#service-policy output VOIP-SIGNAL

police command is not supported for this interface
The interface does not support the specified policy configuration and/or
parameter values.
Warning: Assigning a policy map to the output side of an interface not supported

HQ-3750(config-if)#service-policy input VOIP-SIGNAL
HQ-3750(config-if)#do sh run

interface FastEthernet1/0/1
 description ** R1-HQ Gigabit Ethernet 0/0 **
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport mode trunk
 service-policy input VOIP-SIGNAL

mls qos map policed-dscp  24 to 8
mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 16 24 32 46 48 56
mls qos

class-map match-any SIGNAL
 match ip dscp cs3

policy-map VOIP-SIGNAL
 class SIGNAL
  police 32000 8000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit